Starting the day at 10 am, ready for the last day of this short trip. It was over before we even realized.
- BREAKFAST at local restaurant near apartment: I don’t recall the name of the restaurant since I didn’t get a picture of it and my memory isn’t the best. I love how many of the restaurants, no matter it’s a fast food restaurant like Subway or coffee shop or restaurant, there are available outside seating. It was perfect for these sunny weathers. Good weather. Good food. I felt the need to splurge and get crepes. I don’t have a sweet tooth, but that set my day right. Just look at that deliciousness. It made me happy when they brought it out. Justifying my sweet pricey breakfast, there are fruits, right?
- SAINT JOSEPH’S ORATORY: we saw this when walking on the street getting Subway for our picnic later in the day. It was hard to miss since it was a grand building on the hill. There are free parking after going through the entrance. There are stairs to climb so wear comfortable shoes. The breathtaking feeling you get when you hike on a mountain and is overlooking down at the city with a 360 degree view. It was beautiful, breathing in the fresh air and feeling like you’re on the top of the world. Since it was Sunday, the service session was going on and you can get a feel of the religious environment.
- BIODOME: parked on the streets near the area. Four replicas of the ecosystems: Tropical Forest, Laurentian forest, Saint Lawrence Marine, and Arctic and Antarctica polar area. For adults tickets, try finding coupons online and print it out ahead of time to save a few bucks. Students gets $14 discounted priced tickets. Locals pay a cheaper price. Package deals are also available if you’re a family or if you plan on visiting some of the other sites like Insectarium, Planetarium or Botanical Garden.
- OLYMPIC PARK: home for the 1976 Summer Olympics. Many of the attractions are in the nearby distance (with the ones mentioned above).
- PICNIC AT LA FONTAINE PARK: meter parking are available all around this area, with outside swimming pool, tennis courts, baseball field, benches to sit, near Le Plateau Mont Royal. We had our blanket, sandwiches and fruits, ready to enjoy nature.
*more pictures in gallery
- Visiting Montreal (karinaalberto240813.wordpress.com)
- Montreal, Canada (ourtraveladventure.wordpress.com)
- Day 52 Montréal Biodome, Botanic Garden, Insectarium (glenlo.wordpress.com)
- Saint Josephs Oratory, Montreal, Que. (d7100shooter.wordpress.com)